Eastview High School is a place to learn.
The world of fashion, individual expression, provocative or conservative, what is worn to the mall, the beach or a night club may all be variables of a philosophical debate. Our Puzzle Pieces, "Learning Matters-It Starts With Me" & "Eastview is a place to learn", form the foundation of the Eastview Learning Community. District 196 and Eastview provide the following expectations to support learning and provide our learning community with a safe and respectful culture.
“EASTVIEW SCHOLARS DRESS FOR LEARNING SUCCESS”
Staff members and students are expected to dress appropriately and comfortably with a focus on “dressing for learning success.” Students who dress inappropriately or provocatively are distracting to the learning process.
The purpose of these guidelines are to enhance the probability of learning success for students by establishing expectations of dress and grooming that are related to safety, educational goals and community/school standards.
Appropriate clothing includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Clothing that does not create a health or safety hazard.
2. Clothing that is appropriate for the activity.
3. Clothing that covers the midriff, chest and undergarments.
4. Clothing articles must not hide the identity of the student.
5. Clothing that does not create a learning distraction through the display of sexual, profane, drug/alcohol/tobacco/gang related content that is offensive or is deemed disrespectful.
6. Shoes that are worn at all times.