EVHS Parent & Family Night 2022
An evening for parents, guardians and caregivers!
Please join us Monday, September 12th for Eastview's Parent & Family Night. This event will take the place of our former Open House event. The focus of Parent & Family Night is to share important information, create face-to-face connections, and provide a variety of resources (choose from several different sessions to meet your needs). The agenda for the evening is as follows:
- 6:30 - 7:00pm: Advisory Session - meet with your student's Advisory teacher for important schoolwide information
- 7:00 - 7:30pm: Meet & Greet - walk your student's schedule, meet their teachers and see their classrooms
- 7:35 - 8:45pm: Info Sessions - choose from a variety of 30-minute sessions (see list of sessions below)
Info session topics will include:
- Intro to ISD 196 Tech Tools (Campus, Schoology, MyPaymentsPlus and PayPAMS)
- Schoology 101 – Introduction to Schoology: Logging in to see student grades/progress
- Schoology 201 – Advanced Schoology: How to see student work, set up weekly progress emails, etc.
- College Planning for Seniors
- Stress Management & Wellbeing for High School Students
- My Teen is Going to Drive Soon – Intro to Safety Ed
- How to Support Student Success from Home
- Math Supports at EVHS
- Student Involvement in Sports, Activities, Clubs
- Strategies to Help Manage Students’ Personal Devices (Screen Time, Social Media, etc.)
- Meet our Cultural Family Advocates
- Advanced Placement (AP) at Eastview
*Free childcare for younger children will be available so that you may attend and engage without needing to find or provide care to younger children. No pre-registration is necessary - childcare will be in room C139 starting at 6:15pm.