Student high school course selections place great responsibilities on both parents and students to plan wisely.
- Carefully review course offerings and special programs and plan a course of study.
- Consider individual abilities, aptitudes, interests, academic strengths and limitations, future career goals, District 196 graduation requirements, and the course offerings at EVHS.
- Excellent resources for information and advice are students’ parents, counselors and classroom teachers.
- Before registration, decide on a schedule of courses for the remaining year(s) in high school. Serious thought about an overall plan will provide a sense of purpose and direction.
- It is important that course selections for next year are made very carefully. We will tally all course selections and make critical decisions regarding staffing, room use and dollar allocation based on these selections. Once those decisions are made, it will be very difficult to change course selections.
ATTENTION 8th GRADE PARENTS/GUARDIANS...WELCOME TO EASTVIEW HIGH SCHOOL!
This year's 8th Grade Parent/Guardian Registration Information Meeting will be held virtually this year! It will be Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. All 8th grade parents/guardians are invited to participate. There will be an opportunity to ask questions during the online event. A video will be available here after the event for later viewing.
Class of 2025 Registration Timeline:
Week of December 14: email to all 8th grade families in the Eastview attendance area the high school registration process. The message can be accessed here.
Week of December 28: mailing sent to all enrolled 8th grade families (attendance area + approved intra-district transfers) with detailed information and resources related to the high school registration process. A digital copy of the mailing can be accessed here.
- January 11 - January 12: 8th grade students will view a series of videos in homeroom/advisory as a kick-off to Eastview High School registration. The videos may be accessed here:
Wednesday, January 13, EVHS will host the 8th grade Parent/Guardian Registration Information Meeting virtually at 6:30pm. There will be an opportunity to ask questions during the event. Check back here on 1/13/21 for the link.
January 14 - January 15: EVHS counselors will Zoom into BHMS classes to guide students through the online registration process and answer questions. Each student will begin to develop their course selection plan and learn how to enter their course requests online in the Infinite Campus Academic Planner.
Tuesday, January 19 and Thursday, January 21: EVHS Elective Program and Department Leaders will host an Electives Exploration Virtual Open House. This is an opportunity for you to meet with our elective program and department leaders to learn more about the unique opportunities available to our students through elective courses. Each department leader will host a 20-minute Zoom session with a brief presentation followed by a question and answer session. You are welcome to attend as many sessions as you would like. The Virtual Open House will be offered both Tuesday, January 19th and again on Thursday, January 21st from 6:30 - 8:30pm. Click here for schedule and specific department Zoom links.
Wednesday, January 20: EVHS Counselors will host an open Zoom support session for 8th grade students to ask questions and get support in completing their high school registration. The Zoom session will allow for group questions and individual breakout room support if needed. The Zoom support session will be open from 9:00am - 3:00pm. Click here: https://district196-org.zoom.us/j/83263080321?pwd=RmVvV2tZd1dzUFBZRlhkdytGR2VNQT09
Friday, January 22: the online registration window for 9th grade registration will close. Students need to have their course requests entered in the Infinite Campus Academic Planner by the end of the day on Friday, January 22.
Please contact Ms. Molly Wellik in the EVHS Counseling Office with registration questions:
Molly.Wellik@district196.org or 952-431-8914.